Explode Your Profits and Skyrocket Your Business!
Cross-platform measurement: The number of marketing channels continues to expand, as measurement practices are growing in complexity. A cross-platform view must be used to unify audience measurement and media planning.
Market researchers need to understand how the Omni-channel affects consumer's behavior, although when advertisements are on a consumer's device this does not get measured. Significant aspects to cross-platform measurement involve deduplication and understanding that you have reached an incremental level with another platform, rather than delivering more impressions against people that have previously been reached (Whiteside, 2016).
An example is ‘ESPN and comScore partnered on Project Blueprint discovering the sports broadcaster achieved a 21% increase in unduplicated daily reach thanks to digital advertising’ (Whiteside, 2016). Television and radio industries are the electronic media, which competes with digital and other technological advertising.
Yet television advertising is not directly competing with online digital advertising due to being able to cross platform with digital technology. Radio also gains power through cross platforms, in online streaming content. Television and radio continue to persuade and affect the audience, across multiple platforms (Fill, Hughes, & De Franceso, 2013).
- Allows companies to promote themselves to large, diverse audiences that could not be reached through traditional marketing such as phone and email based advertising.
- Marketing on most social media platforms comes at little to no cost- making it accessible to virtually any size business.
- Accommodates personalized and direct marketing that targets specific demographics and markets.
- Companies can engage with customers directly, allowing them to obtain feedback and resolve issues almost immediately.
- Ideal environment for a company to conduct market research.
- Can be used as a means of obtaining information about competitors and boost competitive advantage.
- Social platforms can be used to promote brand events, deals, and news.
- Platforms can also be used to offer incentives in the form of loyalty points and discounts.
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's own marketing efforts.